These are simple to make and will be the best breakfast blueberry muffins you have tasted! Skip the box; enjoy these homemade delicious and moist muffins!
Thought I would share this wonderful recipe that my dear friend Mary gave me many years ago. We were on a committee together and she invited me over for coffee to discuss some plans.
When I arrived, I knew there was more than coffee being served. Oh, the aroma! Can there be anything better than homemade baked goods? After the first bite, I decided these were the Best Breakfast Blueberry Muffins that I had ever tasted!
With simple recipes like this one, there is really no need to make blueberry muffins from a box!
I also love this recipe because it does not require much sugar in the batter and it is super easy to make. That is why I call them Breakfast Muffins. You will end up with 16 muffins which is perfect for a larger group or to freeze for serving later.
If you don't want to make muffins, the batter can be baked in a 9" round cake pan and served as blueberry breakfast coffee cake.
So turn the oven on, take out a few ingredients and share with your family, friends, co-workers, or eat them all yourself (it'll be our secret!). Make it a meal and serve with them with Baked Eggs Benedict Muffin Cups. Enjoy!
Best Breakfast Blueberry Muffins
- muffin tin, paper baking cups (optional)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 2 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen
- 1 cup buttermilk
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- granulated sugar, for sprinkling on top
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Grease the muffin tins or line with paper baking cups.
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and blueberries.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the buttermilk, oil, and egg.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the bowl of the dry ingredients. Mix with a fork just until the flour disappears. Do not over mix! Batter will be lumpy.
- Spoon the batter into the tins each about ¾ full.
- Sprinkle each muffin with about ¼ - ½ teaspoon of sugar.
- Bake for 20 minutes, until just golden brown.
Gr8 Shopping Tip:
For yourself or for the baker in your family, try these silicone cupcake and muffin cups! They slip into the muffin pan with no need for greasing. And the fun fortune on the bottom of the cup is a Gr8 surprise!