Included with the delicious Italian meal we cooked on our "Nonna Anna Cooking Day", we also prepared this Arugula Fennel Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette and enjoyed it with homemade pasta and beef braciole . It is a fresh salad that could be added to any meal. Try it on top of a grilled steak, with a piece of fresh fish, or serve it alongside an egg dish for brunch.
The peppery arugula and crunchy fennel with the light dressing of lemon and olive oil is the perfect combination. This simple salad has lots of room for any ingredient you might like to include. You could try adding shaved or shredded parmesan or pecorino cheese, toasted pine nuts, thinly sliced red onion, avocado, or grape tomatoes.
Make it yours and Enjoy!
Please leave a rating!
Arugula Fennel Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette
- 5 ounces arugula leaves
- 1 fennel bulb,, cored and very thinly sliced
- Lemon Vinaigrette
Lemon Vinaigrette Ingredients:
- 2 ½ Tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves,, minced
- 2 teaspoons honey
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and fresh pepper to taste
- Mix together the arugula leaves and sliced fennel in a salad bowl.
- Just before serving add half of the Lemon Vinaigrette and toss. Continue adding dressing in small amounts until you get the coverage that you like.
- Enjoy immediately!
Lemon Vinaigrette Directions:
- Mix the lemon juice with the honey and the garlic.
- While whisking the mixture, slowly drizzle in the olive oil so the oil emulsifies. See our Gr8 Dressing Mixing Tip below.
- Once totally combined add the salt and pepper to taste.
Thank you Dana for letting us know how much you enjoyed the recipe and Thank you for being such a Gr8 Friend!
I made this the other day. I love arugula and fennel and paired it with a steak. Delicious !