This cheesecake mousse is the perfect addition to any bowl of fresh fruit or tasty topping to a cake or cupcake! Light and tasty dessert after any meal!
With our Red, White and Blue holidays just around the corner, it is time to make some fun desserts! This one is simple and scrumptious; and you can make this cheesecake mousse ahead of time if necessary!
The addition of cream cheese to the whipped cream gives a wonderful "cheesecake" taste. Trust me, this dessert is easy to prepare and so satisfying. With fresh fruit of the season, this is the perfect light dessert after any meal!
Anna uses the mousse on her American Flag Fruit Pizza! How beautiful and festive is this dessert and honestly, not that difficult!
This post contains affiliate links, which means we may make a commission at no extra cost to you should you click on the link and make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Any fruit would be delicious with this mousse! The first time I had this mousse was when a friend brought it to a party. We all helped ourselves to a big scoop of berries (strawberries, blueberries, blackberries and raspberries) and then a big dollop of the mousse. There was nothing but "ooos" and "ahhs" in the room.
I demanded the recipe and my friend sent me a gift, a new cookbook. I have been making this for several years from the book, "Glorious, Layered Desserts" by Gloria Albin. This book has now become one of my favorite cookbooks and this mousse is one of my favorite recipes!
I promise it will be one of your favorite desserts! A true crowd pleaser!
Red, White, and Blue Cheesecake Mousse
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar, divided
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 Tablespoons milk
- 1 cup strawberries, diced
- 1 1/2 cups blueberries
- Beat the cream with a mixer. When you notice it starting to thicken, start adding ¼ cup of the powdered sugar and continue to beat until combined and the cream is thick enough to notice soft peaks. Don't beat it so much that it starts looking clumpy. With a spatula remove this cream to a medium bowl.
- In the mixing bowl (don't need to wash it after whipping the cream), whip the cream cheese until it is light and creamy.
- Add to the cream cheese the remaining powdered sugar, the vanilla and the milk. Beat these ingredients until they are combined.
- With a rubber spatula, gently fold the whipped cream mixture into the cream cheese mixture.
- In any order you prefer, layer the mousse and the fruit you are using in your dish and Enjoy!