Pin Recipe Save this RecipeSaved!
Please leave a rating!
Show Stopper Bananas Foster
When this Bananas Foster sauce is topped over ice cream, it creates a delectable fusion of flavor and a show stopper delicious dessert.
Servings: 6 servings
- 6 large scoops vanilla ice cream
- 8 Tablespoons butter, 1 stick
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ⅓ cup banana liqueur
- ⅓ cup dark rum
- 6 firm bananas, cut in half lengthwise and halved
Scoop equal portions of vanilla ice cream into a glass container and freeze until ice cream is very firm.
Melt the butter over medium heat in a large saucepan or cast iron skillet.
Add cinnamon and sugar and stir until well blended and sugar has dissolved.
Add banana liqueur and rum and heat through.
Add the halved bananas to the sauce and cook until slightly soft.
Put the frozen scoops of ice cream into 6 individual serving dishes.
Gently lift the bananas out of the pan and place four pieces over each scoop of ice cream.
Spoon the sauce from the pan over the bananas and ice cream and serve immediately.
Gr8 Do Ahead Tip:
- To save time, the sauce may be prepared in advance and heated immediately before serving.