Pin Recipe Save this RecipeSaved!
Please leave a rating!
Arugula Salad with Lemon Parmesan Dressing
The peppery flavor of arugula paired with the tangy citrus dressing makes the perfect salad. With a little protein added, quinoa or chicken, this would be the perfect meal...lunch or dinner.
- ⅓ cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 5 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2-½ Tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 4 generous cups baby arugula
- 2 firm Roma tomatoes, diced, alternatively, 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- Parmesan cheese (optional) for passing
Blend the dressing ingredients in the bowl of a food processor, immersion blender or regular blender.
Season dressing with salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use, or set aside, if you prefer it at room temperature..
In a large bowl, combine the baby arugula and halved cherry tomatoes.
Toss with desired amount of dressing to coat. It's best to start with a small amount to not heavily dress the salad. Offer more to pass around for those who like more.
Pass additional parmesan (optional).
Make it a main course by adding a little protein. Cooked, diced chicken, or a cupful of cooked quinoa.
Gr8 Do-Ahead Tip:
Dressing keeps in refrigerator, covered for up to 3 days.