Pin Recipe Save this RecipeSaved!
Please leave a rating!
Gulliver's Creamed Corn
This creamed corn recipe is the perfect side dish for Thanksgiving or any time of the year and so easy to make stove top with only 8 ingredients!
- 2 10-ounce packages frozen corn, 20 ounces total
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 5 teaspoons sugar
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 2 Tablespoons flour
Combine all ingredients (do not thaw the corn first) except the butter and flour in a heavy saucepan. Cook over medium heat while stirring until the corn separates.
Turn the flame up a bit and while stirring constantly, bring to a low boil.
Turn the flame to medium-low and simmer for 5 minutes.
While the corn in simmering, melt butter in a small skillet.
Add the flour and continuously whisk for about 3 minutes until you have a white roux (thickener).
Add the roux to the pot of creamed corn and remove from the heat. Stir to combine.
The creamed corn will thicken slightly as it rests.
- This recipe can be made a day ahead of time. Cool to room temperature, cover and refrigerate. Stir over low heat to warm before serving or warm in the microwave.
- Try adding cooked bacon bits, scallions and or pepper.
- The recipe can be easily doubled.
- Put finished corn into an oven-safe casserole and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Brown under the broiler.