Pin Recipe Save this RecipeSaved!
Please leave a rating!
Homemade Hot Cocoa Mix
It's so easy to make your own hot cocoa mix and a wonderful gift to give a friend especially with a cute mug and our homemade marshmallows!
Servings: 20 servings
Hot Cocoa Mix
- 1 ½ cups confectioners sugar
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 cups nonfat dry milk powder
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
Cup of Hot Cocoa
- 8 ounces water, or milk for a richer drink
- 3 Heaping Tablespoons Homemade Hot Cocoa Mix, recipe below
- marshmallows or whipped cream, for topping of the mug of cocoa. Not counted in nutrition info.
Hot Cocoa Mix
Combine all the dry ingredients above in a bowl and stir together with a whisk.
Put the dry mixture through a sieve to eliminate any small clumps.
Store in an airtight container in your cupboard.
Hot Cocoa (instructions for one 8 ounce mug)
Warm 8 ounces of water or milk on the stove or in the microwave.
Add 3 heaping Tablespoons of the dry homemade cocoa mix and stir until completely combined.
Top off with marshmallows or whipped cream. Oh, yes, this step is a must!
Calories: 92kcal | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 3mg | Sodium: 128mg | Potassium: 295mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 16g | Vitamin A: 279IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 167mg | Iron: 1mg