Grapefruit Basil Martini
This Grapefruit Basil Martini is a lovely light cocktail, perfect as an aperitif. Enjoy this anytime a cocktail is called for. The grapefruit juice and basil are perfect complements.
Servings: 1 cocktail
- 2 - 3 large fresh basil leaves
- 2 ounces vodka
- 2 ounces freshly squeezed grapefruit juice, or a good quality store bought juice
- 2 ounces Grapefruit Soda
Fill a martini glass with ice. Set aside to chill.
Place the basil leaves in the bottom of a cocktail shaker and muddle the leaves.
Add the vodka, grapefruit juice, and soda.
Then add the drained ice from the martini glass to the shaker and stir or swirl vigorously. (At this point, as mentioned above, you CAN shake this, but you run the risk of a mess because of the carbonation of the soda.)
Strain the cocktail into the chilled glass.
Garnish with a basil leaf.
- Instead of mixing the cocktail you can certainly shake it in the cocktail shaker, my preference….. however, since a third of the drink is carbonated, doing it over the sink is recommended since some of the drink may leak out.
- For Tequila lovers, this recipe is very compatible with that spirit as well.
- Lastly, San Pellegrino (my favorite citrus soda) makes several other flavored sodas which blend well in other cocktails.