Pin Recipe Save this RecipeSaved!
Please leave a rating!
Serves 8-10 as a side dish
- 4 11-ounce cans shoe peg corn, drained and rinsed. I used Green Giant (only brand I've seen in CA....apparently also sold by another brand frozen in a bag)
- ½ bunch cilantro leaves, coarsely chopped
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 2 to 3 Roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 round package Mexican cheese, diced small. (Cacique brand Ranchero or Panela cheese. Available in dairy section with Mexican cheeses and salsas)
- 1 package Good Seasons Italian dressing mix, (dry) prepared and mixed according to package instructions.
Mix all ingredients, except for the dressing, in a large bowl.
Add dressing slowly, very little dressing is needed. Taste as you go before adding more. You don't want it to be soggy.
Cover and refrigerate.
Gr8 Do Ahead Tip:
This salad can be made up to 8 hours ahead of time, in fact, this time gives the flavors a chance to blend so it is even more delicious!