Pin Recipe Save this RecipeSaved!
Please leave a rating!
Kale Slaw with Lemon Aioli
Recipe shared from Chef Caroline Cazaumayou.
Servings: 16 servings
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon celery seeds
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 4 small carrots, shredded
- 1 small head green cabbage, shredded
- 1 bunch Tuscan kale, stemmed and leaves shredded and massaged
- salt and pepper, to taste
In a large bowl, whisk the first 6 ingredients together to make the dressing.
Remove the thick stems from the kale leaves and shred the leaves and place into a large bowl.
Massage the shredded kale by squeezing it several times in your palms. This breaks it down which makes it easier to digest. So give your kale a good massage and your tummy will be grateful.
Shred the carrots and cabbage and add to the bowl with the kale.
Add the dressing to the bowl of vegetables and toss well.
Add salt and pepper to taste.
- The recipe can be easily cut in half for a smaller group.
- The texture and flavor of this slaw is best served the same day but can be kept in the refrigerator for 1-2 days.
- If you prepare it a couple of hours ahead of time, keep it in the fridge until time to serve. I sometimes will keep a bit of the dressing aside and add to the salad right before serving.