Pin Recipe Save this RecipeSaved!
Please leave a rating!
Cajun Shrimp Tacos
This delicious, easy recipe is Gr8 for any night of the week!
Servings: 6 servings
- 1 Tablespoon chili powder
- 1 Tablespoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper, or to your taste
- 12 corn tortillas
- 2 pounds uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 small garlic cloves, minced
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup shredded cabbage
- 1 cup shredded cheese, I used a mixture of cheddar and jack
- 1 avocado, cut in chunks
Chili Lime Cream
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 3 drops Tapatio or your favorite pepper sauce
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
For Taco Filling:
In a small dish mix together the chili powder, paprika, salt, black pepper and cayenne. Set aside.
Put the shrimp into a medium sized bowl and toss with the chili powder mixture until all the shrimp are coated.
Heat the tortillas either in a dry skillet or directly over the gas flame of the stove or grill and then wrap in a towel to keep warm.
Heat the oil and garlic in a large skillet over medium-high heat until the garlic starts to release its fragrance.
Add the shrimp and sauté until opaque in the center, about 5 minutes.
Serve with the warm tortillas and the toppings.
For Chili Lime Cream:
Mix all seven ingredients together until well combined.
Taste and adjust seasonings.
Serve on top of your favorite tacos or tostadas!