Pin Recipe Save this RecipeSaved!
Please leave a rating!
What could be better than homemade hot chocolate on a cold and rainy day or any day?
Servings: 2 servings
- 3 ounces good quality chocolate, I use bittersweet but any chocolate you like will work. If you don't use bittersweet then you will probably need to watch the sugar amount you add.
- 2 cups milk, divided
- 2 Tablespoons granulated sugar
- marshmallows or whipped cream, optional
Chop the chocolate into smaller pieces if needed.
In a saucepan, slowly warm one cup of milk over medium-low heat.
Add the chocolate and whisk until chocolate is completely melted.
Whisk in remaining cup of milk and continue to warm.
Taste. If you prefer it a bit sweeter, add one Tablespoon of sugar at a time, tasting as you go.
Pour into your favorite mug and add some love; marshmallows or whipped cream.
- Use any milk you prefer. Almond, Coconut, or Soy would be delicious and dairy free too.
- If you would like a creamier texture, add some cream or half-and-half.
- During the holidays it's festive to sprinkle peppermint candy bits on top of the melted marshmallow or whipped cream.
- Any left over can be kept in a sealed container in the fridge and slowly warmed on the stove before serving.